What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, September 17, 2007

These Days



These Days....
  • Showers actually produce steam.
  • The butter on the counter is actually hard to cut.
  • It takes more than 5 seconds for the tapwater to turn hot.
  • I remember what goosebumps feel like.
  • The sun is invigorating, not repressing.
  • There is some enjoyment in having your hands in warm dish water.
  • Baby digits are frozen in the mornings when they awaken.
  • Socks have made a reappearance, along with muckboots.
  • Acorn and Catalpa bean treasures overflow baskets.
  • The first quilt of the season has been brought out.
  • The windows are opened during the day and shut at night-quite opposite from before.
  • The flowers are becoming a sorry sight.
  • Crocheting with "hot to handle" yarn doesn't seem so horrible a task.
  • It is a joy to warm the oven.

Could it be, that we are in the midst of a changing season?


8 comments:

Victoria said...

I LOVE FALL!!!!!

Kelli said...

I just love when when the seasons begin to change!!

Yes, I have made plenty of acorn people in my life. :0) The huge acorn is real, my friend gave it to me a few years ago and I'd like to know where she got it! LOL
Kelli

Gena said...

Thank the good Lord! It has finally gone below 80 here for 2 nights in a ROW! Fall is the best, most wonderful time of the year.

Lori said...

HI! Rebecca,

I also love fall. I have noticed lots of those same things happening.

We too are closing are windows at night as it gets too chilly. It's been in the 30's some nights here.
Most days in the 70's.

I'm catching up on your blog.

randi said...

I LOVE the weather change! We have been spending afternoons outside because it is not scorching hot! I feel like I spent the summer stuck inside just trying to keep cool!

Carmichael Family said...

Yes, fall is definitely on its way in...and I am enjoying the cooler temperatures so much (although fall out here is definitely not cold, or even really cool in September, just pleasant...but I'll take it!).

smilnsigh said...

You have written and pictured an eloquent Ode to 'A Changing Season.'

Mari-Nanci

Abigail said...

I really like these two photos. The top one is utterly idyllic.