What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sisters, Sisters....



There were never SUCH devoted sisters... (A White Christmas)

This past Sunday our Pastor and his wife gave birth to their fifth child, John Murray, and today I will be getting the two girls to take care of for a day or two (the boys go to my friend Nanci's') in order to give the proud parents (and especially, the Mama) some time to rest, recuperate, and enjoy their littlest wonder.

Corynn has been anxiously awaiting this day for weeks now and I am looking forward to her having some sweet girlies to interact with. It will be fun. Plus, Nancy and I are going to meet up at the park tomorrow, and throw all the kids at the playground equipment so that we can yack. THAT will be fun too.

Needless to say, I won't have much opportunity to write for the next few days so I knew I had BEST get this in before I leave. This past week I was blessed to receive TWO packages in the mail. One from my SECRET sister and one from my REAL sister.

My SECRET SISTER sent along this BEAUTIFUL leather stamped bookmark that allows for a photo to be inserted. I think this might be my most favorite gift yet, as I am a lover of books, scripture, AND photography. ;-) She has begun teasing me with little secret sister hints-and I am writing each one down so that I might figure it out.

SS~I am getting dangerously close to writing you a letter, despite the fact that I don't know to whom I should make it out. Is that allowed?!? I am just SO enjoying the notes that frequent my mailbox. Not only you spoiling me this last month, but you are benefiting MY secret sister as well-since I am even MORE excited to get things out for HER because of YOU. Thank you for your most recent package. I LOVE it!

My REAL sister also sent me some love this week, it just arrived yesterday, and it was FULL up of wonderful goodies and treasures. A Photography book. Panda clothes. Note cards. Photos of a Sweet pea. Lots and Lots of stuff that made me feel all warm and cozy. Thank you Elizabeth, for the wonderful surprise!

I must say-both of these packages could NOT have come at a better time. This week has not been so great for me. Actually, it tips the scale as one of the worst in a while. It was great to have two opportunities to dwell on good and wonderful things.

Hope everyone has a great week! I'll be back when I can, until then Adios!


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Christine said...

I am praying for you; I am sorry that you are going through a lot right now. Blessings!

Carmichael Family said...

Oh Rebecca, I'm so sorry, I hope things get better. Anything specific I can pray about?
Love and prayers,

Victoria said...

Hoping and praying your week gets better! Is this getting into a busy season for you all at the farm? I know my husband is gearing up!

Sommer said...

Rebecca~I'm sorry that you are having a rough week. I can totally understand! I will be praying for you and I hope that you will find yourself rested and at peace.

Lots of love,
Sommer

Gena said...

I will be praying for you and hoping for better things to come. Enjoy your little visitors and have a great blogging rest.

Full of Grace said...

Praying for Peace and Rest :) *and you are very welcome :)

smilnsigh said...

Sorry about the bad week. They seem to be going around. Ackkkkkk...

Mari-Nanci

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked the bookmark. When I saw it, it just said yooooou all over it! lol Will be praying for you - like always!
Blessings,
Your Secret Sis