What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Blessed Day



Yesterday was a beautiful day, from the moment I woke to the moment my head was reunited with the pillow. It was such a joy to be at home for Christmas. I have never had a more wonderful Christmas and I am sure it is because we were home, together, and were able to slowly absorb the love and excitement of the day in our own sweet, slow time.

Matt worked on Christmas, cows don't take holiday. I woke up along with him and worked on the last few details of the dollhouse while the children slept.

I read, lit candles, turned on music and then woke the children up. We opened our stockings and the rest of the morning was spent in enjoyment of those things.

Later, Papa came home and we all crowded around him while he opened HIS stocking.

In the late afternoon, we crowded around the tree once more to give our gifts. The singleton gifts we gave the children were coupled with a few that Gram sent along our way-and one for each of us that Corynn had bought for us with Grandma. There were but a few-but that is how we like it.

It works well for us because we open our gifts one at a time. We thank the giver right away and we bask in each other's joy. It is much more fun for the giver AND receiver to have one gift spotlighted at a time.

Afterwards, we feasted. Wine, candlelight, ham, pie. Prayer. Meditation. Adoration. The Love of my family. The Love of our Father.

What a blessed day!

I hope yours was just as lovely!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I loved each and every photo, Rebecca! Isn't it wonderful how simple a thing can overwhelm, and content a small child. The problem? Too many gifts spoils one so that we don't take joy in the small things. I,too, enjoy just a few gifts, and opening slowly to appreciate the moment.

Merry Christmas to your beautiful family!

Full of Grace said...

Beautiful pictures, Beautiful sentiments, a Beautiful day to you!!!

Mom2fur said...

What a perfect Christmas! I'm glad you had such a nice time. Mine was amazing (visit my blog and you'll see I got the biggest surprise--a new laptop computer!) and shared happily with family. Not a quiet day, but a very happy day!

smilnsigh said...

I am so happy for you, that you were able to be home for Christmas. So, so, so happy. Yes, I'm late in saying this, but it is none the less a fact.

Hugs,
Mari-Nanci