What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Papa's home!



I didn't take any photos of our gift exchange except this little loner. Since all of our gifts combined were only enough to count on one hand, it didn't last long...but mainly I was just really enjoying the things my children were saying, the expressions they made, and being IN the moment. Not outside the moment behind my camera!

I realize now, I didn't even get any pictures of Corynn seeing her dollhouse! Gasp! Though-pictures wouldn't have done it justice. She was pleased as punch. She gave us each huge hugs and thanked us for our hardwork before she even began playing with it and continued to randomly hug and thank us throughout the night. It was especially cute when we were cleaning the kitchen that she came in and said "Thank you Papa and Mama for making me that beautiful dollhouse." just out of the blue.

When she opened the doors, her eyes got huge and she just stood there shocked. She kept whispering to herself things like "The forks are so small!" "There is so much!" "It's all so amazing!" She took her time exploring it and seeing all the things that were in it, occasionally having realizations like "I remember seeing that play food!" or "This is the wood that I laid in!" and then, meekly asked if she could play with it. Almost like she thought it was too good to touch or something.

REALLY sweet. Those precious moments made it all worthwhile.

Sometime this week I will show you the dollhouse in *almost* completed form. (I think I might paint it...) And maybe a shot or two of her playing with it! ;-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: