What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Events Leading Up to Christmas



Last weekend we headed North, again, to visit this time with MY side of the family. It was a VERY busy time-but everyone expects that because my parents' is a busy household. It was great fun and I enjoyed getting lots of visiting time in with my brother and sister-in-law whom I rarely see. Following are the photos from the weekend.

On Christmas Eve, just like Christmas day, Matt had to work-so the children and I went to the mall because I wanted to surprise the children with a visit with Santa. Plus, I had some tickets for a free (mall) train ride.



I was one of those queerbait Mom's who brings their own camera. I wasn't going to use it, I didn't want to step on toes or anything. I only used it after the woman said "I see you have a camera bag. You are more than welcome to use it." Hey! You don't have to tell me twice!

I have never taken the children to sit on Santa's lap because I thought you HAD to buy photos. Which I never ever would for the outrageous prices they charge! But even if I did NORMALLY, I wouldn't have this year, because well...the Santa looked fake. Oh yeah...and Andrew was petrified of the guy!

Santa was very impressed with Corynn's wishlist. He was shocked to hear a four year old ask only for a watch and a pair of sunglasses. I guess the wishlists for other children have been quite long and varied...



They both enjoyed the trainride though.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Carmichael Family said...

Wow, Andrew looks like he liked Santa about as much as Kaden did this year...it must be something about the age...