What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Newman Four


Would you think it were strange for a person to make a yearly tradition of making representations of their entire family out of cookies? And if not, saying that they promptly began taking bites of arms and heads and took great delight in doing so-would THAT bother you?

Is this something we should be worrying about? Is it dangerous? Is it some postive outward expression of some deep and troubling thoughts and feelings supressed ?

Hypothetically speaking, of course. I am only asking for a friend.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made gingerbread people of my husband, mother-in-law, father-in-law, all the brothers and sisters-in-law, the two nephews and a niece for Christmas a couple of years ago. One family member remarked that they reminded him of voodoo dolls :(
Of course no one was allowed to eat any of them because I put a lot of work into getting the relative heighths/widths and hair/eye colors just right :)

Mrs. Bowen

Rebecca said...

Wow! They sound AMAZING. Sounds like I should be embarrassed by the cookie family I posted (for my FRIEND that is!) ;-)

Glad to know I (er, my friend) is not the ONLY crazy cat around. :-)

Abigail said...

Um. I did something similar with gingerbread girls for Christmas morning. It's sick, I tell you, SICK!!!!