What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Brainwashing


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Last week, a few days before the 'bug' came to visit, Corynn was especially whiney, and seemed to just be unhappy with herself and everything around her and frustrated with any inabilities she had. It was SO tiresome and I was at my wits end, when it occurred to me that I ought to teach her what the bible says about a discontent spirit.

So, I made her memorize this scripture verse. "A Merry heart doeth good like a medicine, but a broken spirit drieth the bones." Proverbs 17:22

Every time she began to mumble, I would say "What does a Merry heart do?" or "What drieth the bones?" and she would start giggling and recite it. What a way to change the dynamics!

I often find myself repeating it as well...

5 comments:

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

She's so cute, and she did a great job! Munchkin and I were working on her verses for Wednesday night last night, she was getting frustrated until we started doing it together. Then, she got a case of the giggles, but she learned them ;)

Tracy said...

WONDERFUL! Shouldn't we all have that scripture on our tongues?

Andie said...

What a great verse, I think I'll post it on my fridge!!!! A great reminder for when we all get the whineys at my house!
Blessings-Andie

Victoria said...

Nothing more sweet and wonderful than little ones hiding the Word in their heart!

Abigail said...

Ours is "Rejoice in the Lord always, and again, I say rejoice!" It's always like a bucket of cold water to hear one of the girls timidly say, "You're not rejoicin' in the Lord, Mama." You see, most of the time, I need the reminder more than they do!