What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, January 07, 2008

Little Bits of Life




It is muzzle-loading season again. (I think.) Honestly, I don't keep up too much on hunting, it's not really a 'me' thing. Living where I do though, it is hard NOT to know these things. First day of hunting season, schools are out, trainlines of cars line backroads, and Corynn makes a game of finding bright orange flecks in the woods as we drive. It's not just a sport. It's not just for food. It is a lifestyle in PA.

Matt hasn't gone hunting in a few years-he just never gets time off of work to do such things. But one year, during muzzleloading season, he shot a COYOTE. Muzzle-loading is pretty tough to do. Way more difficult than 'normal' shooting, or so I hear. (I am so technical here, aren't I?!?! You can tell I don't know what I am talking about...)

He was aiming for a deer that was being chased by what he THOUGHT was a buck. So he waited, reaimed and then-out of the brush came a coyote!

He actually got a rug made out of it. With me not being the 'hunting' type, you can imagine I am not typically a 'rug' type either.
But over the years, I have grown fond of our coyote. We call him Korky. Korky the Coyote. He looks scary, but really, he is quite tame.

Matt is contemplating selling him-and in another strnge twist of fate, I find myself trying to convince Matt not to do it. Weird, huh?



It's the little moments in life that we take for granted, and yet those same little things are what define us.

This weekend was filled to overflowing with good things. Little things. Unimportant, yet very important things. Following is just a short rundown of little bits.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Full of Grace said...

Your camera was just as busy as you were this weekend! We too took down the Christmas decorations this weekend. I'm surprized Matt is contemplating selling Korky, as you know my husband would NEVER sell something he shot and preserved!!! Have a good day.

Matt said...

It's only a coyote. Oh, and btw, I was aiming AT the coyote.

Full of Grace said...

Oh, I know...But if you know Bob at all(which I believe you do), you know he just wouldn't feel the same as you. He wouldn't be able to brag up his manly accomplishments as well if he sold them :)