What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Grumpiness and eventually the good stuff...

Grumpiness:
Well-the decision has been made and Matt and I are both the worse for it. He had a job interview in Watertown, NY that sounded quite compatible with him. It seemed to allow us twice the money he earns now in order to save for a house. We are both sick and tired of scrimping our pennies just to get by-we wouldn't mind scrimping our pennies if we were able to save for the future. Needless to say, it didn't pan out. It didn't provide health insurance for one thing-but more importantly-he didn't feel we were compatible with the job. SO-we will be staying here, working for piddly-squat and being stressed out as usual. Matt was frustrated last night with lots of different things-but there was nothing that I could say because I feel the same exact way. Most of the time, the Lord allows us to be weak at different times, so the other can strengthen us with their strength. It is not a good thing to be weak together.

This situation as it were, showed me one thing. No matter how respectable Matt is and how wise he is in the dealings of finances, family, etc. he will always be looked down upon because of his age. Instead of looking at his track record, people look at his years. Anyone who wants to, pulls the trump card "Well, you haven't lived as long as I have." as if that had anything to do with lessons learned. It infuriates me. Would you believe, people actually thought Matt would 1) take the job without discussing it with me first. 2) Take a job without insurance 3)Think only of himself and not his family. Truly ridiculous notions. Those suggestions and incinuations prove just how little people respect my husband...and on NO grounds. My poor Matt, never gets a break. Never gets the benefit of the doubt-or even an earned respect! Not even from family. We are completely alone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On par with the gravity of the death toll and assessed damage from hurricane Katrina, is the looting of New Orleans. How sad is it that one very important news event has to vie for the headlines with stupid looters. Frankly-call me patriotic or naive-but I thought Americans, a CIVILIZED nation, was past doing such horrible things. Boy was I wrong. People are looting not only 'essentials' but guns, jewelry, and people even tried breaking into the children's hospital. Now-what would they want in there? To steal medicine from people who need it-or children, perhaps? I understand that finding people alive is more important than guarding buildings...but couldn't police from neighboring states go to help out with the criminal acts? These people should be ashamed of themselves-and punished severely. If they want something to do-go help clean up this mess! Go help find people! Put on a food drive! Take people in! Think of other people for once and stop being so self-motivated! That is much more rewarding than stealing a TV or some fancy clothes-or should be. When a nation is in crisis, all should come together and work together for the good of the people. Right now, I am ashamed to be a part of this selfish and egotistical nation of evildoers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good stuff:

Well-I am still heated but there are many things to be thankful for too and so not to put you off for the rest of the day with my grumpiness leading the way, on to a few good and exciting things.

Today I am working on one of Corynn's birthday presents. It is a pillow. I figured it would be nice since I am going to put her in a 'big girl' bed for her birthday. I also got her a lite bright cube (yeah-your not supposed to have them until your four but she can definately handle it.) She is a mature two-doesn't put anything in her mouth that isn't food, and is meticulous with little pieces. As much as she loves colors and coloring, I know she will love it. I am following along with the nighttime theme for her 'party' (just my family is coming.) since I left all the anniversary lights up for her, I am making a cake with a moon on it, and the pillow will have a moon too. I decided to do that because he newest infatuation is the moon and she is just so darn cute when she excitedly proclaims MOON at the first sighting. It will be a fun day for her, I am sure.
~~~~~~~~~~~

I am thinking Jen (mom2liznatesam) is having her baby...she hasn't posted in a few days and that is rare. She thought she was going to be having her little one that day anyway. There is NOTHING more wonderful than a new life coming into the world-especially into a family so ready to welcome her with love and kisses. She will have to change her name when baby Lydia does make her way out...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well-I guess that is all the 'good-will' I can afford this morning. Tomorrow will be better.

I hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca said, "We are completely alone."

It made me sad to read the above quote. :( Do you really feel that alone? Scott and I are always here for you to vent your frustrations. I know we haven't been able to see much of each other lately but that doesn't make us any less willing to support and encourage you. I hope that you still consider us to be a like-minded family. I think the reasons Matt chose not to take the job were all very valid and proof of his maturity. Scott is treated the same way by his parents. I think part of the reason they have not turned the farm over to us yet is because they don't trust Scott (or me, for that matter.) Anyway, I hope that you are feeling better now that you have had a little time to work through all that has happened the last little whie.

Leah

Rebecca said...

Leah-of course we consider you a like-minded family. It has been wonderful to have a friend who is unapologetically looking forward to all the children the Lord has planned for them, and who maturely seeks to raise them in the way that is most glorifying to our Lord. We have much in common-for sure and for certain. But as in EVERY relationship, not all people are exactly the same. We do differ in some ideas and it is those ideas to which I refer. I suppose I am setting myself up-knowing that no two people are exactly the same and yet longing for it to be so. In any case, I do feel much better now and I thank you for your thoughts and concerns. Somethings-people just have to bear. The Lord has a plan for us-it is just a matter of me being mature enough to look at the many blessings he has already given me and to stop seeking things that are not for us at this time. The Lord will provide heat for us this year. The Lord will provide. Period. No questions asked. I will trust in Him.

Hillary~I liked what you said about a threfold cord. It is such a true and poignant image. Oh-and don't worry, pictures will be up sometime this week-though I must admit, I was disappointed with my moons. I have a great image in my head but I am just not talented enough to get it out in any tangible form. UGh! Limitations! Don't you hate them?!?!