What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Beacon


This is for you smilnsigh! :-) I tried taking a picture from the outside but the window was so high up that I couldn't capture it. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Pretty!

I don't know if I told you but I made your pork with pear and plum sauce for dinner one night last week. We really liked it! It's a keeper. :) Thanks for the recipe.

smilnsigh said...

Oh thank you!!!! What a lovely sight this must make. Both inside and out, each day at dusk. I love it.

And I must scrool back through your blog to see if you have more pictures, of your home. It must be so warm and cozy and all, if going by this tableau.

Again, thank you!

Rebecca said...

Yes-I read that on your blog and am so glad you liked it. And I am glad that someone is actually making use of them, I have often wondered if it was a waste of time!

Smilnsigh~We just moved into this house about 6 months ago and when we first moved in, I posted pictures so all the people we left could feel like they had been here. If you go into the June 2006 archives, you will be bored to DEATH of house pictures. Nothing fancy, filled to the brim with used and second-hand stuff, but comfortable and (I hope!) inviting. Enjoy the tour if you get a chance!

Christine said...

Oh it is so lovely.