What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, October 02, 2006

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

We got back home from our weekend away nearing midnight on Sunday night. And here I am, at about the same time except on MONDAY night, updating the blog monster-no closer to settled than I was last night this time.

I was invited to a luncheon today and so off I went, ignoring the unpacking for a few more hours. After all, if we were not home, we would not NOTICE, right?!? This week is going to be a killer I think. I have some serious deadlines to meet and not really sure how I am going to be able to do it all. Thankfully, I work well under pressure.

I have lots of canning to do this week. Some more tomatillo salsa, regular salsa, and the long awaited applesauce and butters and such. Lots of unpacking, laundry, etcetera etcetera etcetera, cleaning, blah blah blah. Wednesday is Bible Study. Oh-and by WEDNESDAY I have to have made some SERIOUS progress on crocheting. I am basically starting those pesky squares from scratch-again-because the guage is wrong so I must start again with a smaller needle. So, basically, I have to start all over again and have SOMETHING accomplished on Wednesday. We'll see how that goes.

I am posting now, at o-dark thirty, so that tomorrow I can focus on what MUST be done-and not even be tempted to turn on this evil temptress box.

Boring update I know-but that is all I can force my fingers to say when my mind wants to sleep. And so-sleep tight blogdom.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

It was so good to see you on Sabbath!...I hope that next time we will be able to talk more! Hope all is going well with you all!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on the AG sets at Sams. Maybe in a couple weeks we can make it up that way. The kids would love to see you kids again (Nathan esp. LOL). ~Jen

Morton Family said...

Hello~
My name is Meg. I am the oldest of three maidens who belong to the Morton Household. Our family attends the Belle Center RP Church. Which brings me to how I got to your blog. Dana S. wanted to get into contact with you but only had your blog adress, so she asked me to comment for her. If, therefore, you could get a hold of Wendy and get Dana's phone number and/or e-mail adress from her (that way they are not posted on the internet), Dana would be very grateful.
While I was here read a few of your posts and found them very enjoyable. You have very cute children!
~M.M.~

Full of Grace said...

Hey Rebecca,
Loved the photos of the wedding- it's been so long since I've been able to go to one, and I too love the ambience (and dressing up!)

Glad you made it home- send some motivation my way, you are the most motivated person I know; setting your mind to it and getting it done (you are a lot like dad in that way)

Anyways, I don't have your new email address- I still have Matt's Cornell address. I started up a new blog and since everyone from church regularly checks your blog I thought my best bet was to put the new address on here, for you of course, and anybody else that may want to keep in touch in Blogland (so that I don't have to write it over and over again on everyone else's blog.)

It is fullofgracenblessingsinabundance.blogspot.com

Hope to see you there! :)