What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Saturday, November 29, 2008

the suspense



We did something not very nice when Adele was born.

We didn't tell Matt's parents what Bunkin WAS.

The conversation went something like this:

Matt: "Congratulations! You guys are grandparents....AGAIN!"

G & L: "Yeah?!? Well, WHAT is it?!?"

Matt: "ummmm....a baby! You'll have the wait until you get to the hospital to find out!"

But the general jist of it was this: "We ain't TELLIN', na na na na na!"

Yeah. It was mean. It was CRUEL.

But, there was a REASON.



The reason being? They were taking care of our other children and well, can't keep a secret.

I REALLY wanted to see the look on Corynn's face when she found out what Bunkin was. It was she, after all, who has "prayed out my window for a little sister."

And it was worth it too. Because she was beyond thrilled.



Several times throughout the visit she would say: "I think that I must be dreaming..."

And of course, Panda loves his new di-da too.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Abigail said...

I LOVE that black and white of them all together. I like the side lighting, and their expressions are so genuinely joyful.

John did the same thing to me. We didn't have Internet access, so I didn't find out about Adele until John came home from work and told me that Matt had called. "WHAT DID SHE HAVE?!!!," I asked in high excitement.

"Um...a baby," he replied with a grin.

I poked him and stomped my feet and sputtered, but he didn't let me know for a good five minutes. It was torture.

I am overjoyed for you all and for Corynn, too!

Victoria said...

They look SO very happy! Isn't it wonderful when God hears the prayers of children?