What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

More Mamas



Miss Adele fell right asleep on my shoulder on night, which is rare because I usually lay her down awake. It was so precious and special, with her head right in the very neck crevice she loved as a newborn, I just had to get a picture.

But WAIT! Her little hand was holding my arm, which of course, was equally dear, so I called Matt to take this one....

for the sake of a memory.



And of course stirred up "Papa! Take a picture of ME with MY baby!"

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I LOVE when my babies fall asleep in my arms. Rachel is my best cuddler. Maybe Miss Addie Mae can have a chat with Miss Rachel, because Miss RAchel doesn't believe in going to sleep before 11:30 most nights. And I'm stuck staying awake because she outgrew her little bed, and we have no other right now, so she sleeps with us. Not that I mind having a little munchkin snuggled up close, but I do value sleep to some degree.
Okay, I need to get off, even though I don't feel like it, but the canning won't do itself, and the kids are
playing happily so, off I go...

Mrs. MK said...

The final photo surprised me somehow, and now I am fighting back sweet tears (ok, it's been a hard day!) over your daughters simple imitation of you. How lovely!

Mrs. MK said...

Rebecca!

I don't want to make you feel any restricions on sharing your joys....they are your own and from the Lord!

My joys are just different...they are boys!!

Thank you for your kind words! I so appreciate them!

Unknown said...

Awww I love sleeping baby pics. :-)
Kim
www.homesteadblogger.com/homesteadacres