What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Making of a (very) modest water garden

Posted by Picasa
When Gary and Linda came out last weekend to take care of the children while we attended the wedding, they brought with them a cooler full of 'teenager' pollywogs. The pollywogs that I had caught were actually...well, er, tadpoles. Not any bigger than a pencil eraser. The ones THEY brought down?? Woah. What was I THINKING?!? A pollywog would EVENTUALLY outgrow a glass dish! DUH!!

They are about 3 inches long and REALLY bizarre looking. We were so excited to see them close up and firsthand. Again...that would be ME included.

Now that we had so MANY of them, and they were MUCH larger than I had anticipated (I know I know...I don't know what I expected...) we were trying to figure out what to DO with them.

That's where the broken inflatable pool came in. I was going to trash it. Then, realized it would be perfect. So in the pollywogs went. It was only natural to combine the whole 'pollywog' tank with the water garden I planned on making with Corynn.

What could be better? Learning about frogs AND plants...at the same time!

No comments: