What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Something old, something new


The drive to the Wednesday flea market was through Amish country and I should say, Mennonite Country. Because every 100 yards or so, there were painted bible verse signs. It was nice. We passed probably about 20 horse and buggies on the road, and found that we were all going to the same place!

The flea market was fun. It has been a LONG time since I have gone to one of those. I made three purchases: I got two boxes of canning jars for $3.00 (WA-HOO!), several embroidered and vintage lace pieces and a quilt that was quilted by the Amish. Can you guess which one was my TREASURE? The quilt is beautiful, with a tulip design made from pink and sage green hydrangea fabric. No rips. No holes. No stains. Fits a full size bed. Can you guess how much it was? A whopping $20.00!!! I couldn't BELIEVE it. Amazing.

If ever the rain and dreariness of outside lets up, I will get a picture of it to show you.

Then we went to a livestock auction/carnival. So much fun-and I filled my funnel cake void!



Generally, a good day all the way around!

3 comments:

Abigail said...

I love quilts AND funnel cakes, too. How weird.

I look forward to a picture of that quilt; it sounds like it's absolutely lovely.

Rebecca said...

Well, the nix is being put on that idea for at least this week. I can't BELIEVE all the rain we are getting this week!

Too bad I didn't plant a garden this year...

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I miss all the great finds in Amish/Mennonite country. I love buying in bulk at the stores too.

What great finds!!