What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, June 15, 2007

Vanity of Vanities

I can no longer claim to 'never win anything' because last week, I was a SUCCESS at Nan's Apronpalooza contests. It only took about 20 contests for me to win one...but I won the one I wanted to win most of all. So three cheers for that! And three cheers for you if you got through that sentence without slipping up!

A great thing about winning a contest, for me anyway, is our mailbox being filled with something more elegant than bills and ads. Happy Day it was when I got my winnings. An apron set made by Carolyn's Kitchen. It is as BEAUTIFUL in person as it was in photo form. Probably more so. :-)

If you have any apron needs and want to look GLAMOURous in the kitchen-go THERE NOW...MAKE HASTE! She sets a new stage to apron-wearing women. Thank you Carolyn for participating in the contest and sharing your goodies, and thanks to Nan for inadvertantly drawing my name from the virtual hat!

I promised those ladies I would post a picture of it when I received it...and, er, ummm...well, as usual went overboard. I know I know. I am a crazy fool. Hopefully, if I post these few photos you won't all think me to be the chiefest of vain women...that would be sad because I am not. But I will admit-I did shed my scrubby clothes and don a fresh little black number. (Hey! What do you expect? Carolyn said she would put the photo in her gallery! I mean, SHEESH!)

Well anyway. Today is a perfect day for a show and tell-and now is a perfect time because there are lots of sweets to make for ROUND TWO of my yard sales. I am heading up there right now. I wonder if I should wear my stupid, ugly apron???
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Nan said...

You look ADORABLE!! :^D

Anonymous said...

GLAMOUROUS TO THE HILT! L-U-V your new apron!!

And the GLOVES! MY oh MY!

Lyndy said...

You looke beautiful...great smile.
Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful and blessed weekend.

Lyndy

Anonymous said...

Now that's one lovely apron. I think I'd rather get spots on my tops than get spots on that. Congratualations on winning a contest!

Julieann said...

Your apron is just darling--and you look absolutly adorable in it--I love all the poses:)

Julieann:)

Carole Burant said...

Ooooh what an absolutely delightful apron and those gloves!!! I love them! Great photo shoot! hehe Isn't it fun to win a contest? I've won a few now and it's always a thrill:-) xo

Anonymous said...

Cute. Glad you won--it's great marketing for the maker. I am dying to know how she attached the ruffles to the gloves. Can you sew through rubber?

LBP said...

You are very lovely in your very lovely apron!

Kim said...

I'm GREEN with jealousy. I entered every single one of those contests but I think you got the best apron. Thanks for sharing, you look adorable in it!!

Kelli said...

That is a gorgeous apron, Rebecca! I love all of the pictures, you are so pretty. :0)
Kelli

Disney for Boys said...

Congratulations!!! I had such fun with that contest! You look lovely in your new apron and gloves! Thanks for sharing!

LadySnow said...

That apron is awesome!!!! :)