What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

details, details



Harvesting Basket: .50c at yard sale

Bench: free off side of road

Red and White Fabric used to wrap pillow: thrifted, .25c

Red tray: $1.00 Kirklands, long ago

Sprigs: free from craft room :-)

Vase: Christmas Present

Rug: leftovers from Mom



I wanted to add a few splashes of color and it seemed from the things I pulled from around the house, red was to be it. Whether I liked it or not.

The bench looked nice but the wall didn't have any red which made it look a bit...segregated.

I hot glued a red ribbon hanger to this frame.



Since I had a seashell frame that was nicely textured, I wanted to add a bit more texture so I used of my garden twine to attach three el cheapo frames that I quickly sponge-painted white into a (somewhat uneven-oops) column. The frames were less than $1.00 a piece and gaudy silver to begin with.



Then I raided my silk flower bin and found some red berries and hotglued them around this plain glass "frame". I say "frame" because it didn't have a frame just had a few pieces of metal keeping the glass and cardboard sandwiched together.

It's been fun.

And trust me, I'm just getting started.......
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Full of Grace said...

Your front room is really coming along so nicely!!! :)

Unknown said...

Your decorating is so lovely and inspiring! The window frame is pure genius! :) Great job, Rebecca!

Wendy said...

I love all of the natural woodwork in your home. This looks very inviting...and I wouldn't dream of setting something on that table:) I would say that this inspires me, but I am already trying to put together a room, but I guarantee it wont hold a candle to yours:) Fabulous as usual!