What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, September 18, 2006

The Last Warm Day

The radio man said today was to be the Last of the Warm days. Hopefully, his prediction will be as ill-advised as most weathermen. Either way, I am going to try to take full advantage of it. Lunch on the patio for sure.

I have no canning to do until Thursday (I need a few things from Wednesdays Farmers Market before I do anything else...) and I am going to fully enjoy this break. I hope to get Andrew's scrapbooking done-or well, a more achievable goal would be to get it STARTED! I have not gotten film developed in ages because I was so far behind on scrapbooking-I didn't want to add to my photo pile. Instead, I have been taking digitals and I will have to print the good ones when I am FINALLY caught up.

The fair was a flop. It was actually a 'Farm show' with one barn of exhibits and a few cows. No rides and no funnel cake. I guess I will have to go ANOTHER year without funnel cake. I wish I had a fryer. I REALLY wish I had a fryer. I can only imagine all the wonderfully fatty but oh-so-delicious foods I would make with one. Mozzerella sticks (my FAVORITE!), blooming onions, doughnuts, funnel cake, and the list goes on.

Yesterday we were invited to a home for lunch and it wa a lovely visit. When we got home though, my head started to pound, then to throb, and then a full fledged migraine hit. I felt nauseated and went to bed. At 5:00-managed to eat a few spoonfuls of chicken soup and then tried to rest some more. I can't believe how debilitating a migraine can be. I can only be thankful that they are a rare occurance and that I have a husband who is willing to take over when necessary.

Today-I am going to take it easy. I am so nervous I might have a repeat of yesterday. But-only as easy as I can. If today is the last of the warm days (that sounds like a title to me...), then I have LOTS of laundry to do!

Happy Days to You, until we meet again!

3 comments:

Abigail said...

Not to give you information that you may NOT thank me for in the future, but you don't need a fryer to make delicious fried foods. A pot big enough to fry things without too much splatter will work, and although it's best if it's heavybottomed, it doesn't need to be. It helps to use a candy thermometer, too, to test the heat of the oil, but I usually just throw in a pinch of flour. If it immediately sizzles, the oil temperature is about right. The oil level will vary from recipe to recipe, but most recipes only call for an inch or two to cover the bottom. (I haven't fried anything in many months, and your post now has me craving....thanks for nothing!)

The last time I made funnel cakes, I did so in a regular frying pan (though I probably should have used a big pot), and I ate nearly the entire batch. I was pregnant with Annika at the time, and there was a good reason why my face was still puffy two months after she was born!

Here's hoping those nasty migraines steer clear of your body, and that you find the time and energy to make some fried mozzerella sticks. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that the fair was a flop and that you got a migraine ... I hope that you are on the mend!

We had a cold front come in last night and I have the house open today ... looks like we are going to be hovering in the low 70s for a while & it got up to 90 yesterday! I'm glad that fall is coming a bit earlier this year. Honestly, we had warm weather into November last year and it felt weird!

Kris

Rebecca said...

Abby~the thing is-Matt hates it when I fry things that way (and in all honesty, my hankerings are diminished as well) because of the smoke and smell that fills up the house. So-I avoid it at all costs.

Kris-I am JEALOUS! It is 60's here and I am freezing every morning when I rise. I guess I forgot you were in TN-maybe you won't need a scarf after all. I am seriously contemplating getting one for myself though!