What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Taking it Easy, MY FOOT!

I suppose I took it easy yesterday. If...

~Doing 6 loads of laundry and all that THAT entails ( washing, hanging to dry, taking down, folding and bringing back inside...)
~Sorting through and packing children's summer clothes
~Changing all the bedding in the house
~Scrubbing bathroom
~cleaning kitchen
~writing four letters and packaging up two boxes to mail
~browning 9 pounds of ground beef along with all the other smallish type every day jobs

....classifies as taking it easy.

BUT~I never did get my migraine back! :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL nope sounds like you were busy! Very glad your feeling better. :-D

Girl Scout Mama said...

Hi rebecca,
Glad that you are feeling better. I just posted some more pictures on my blog. I figured out how to do it finally. I have dial up so everything is just Slooooooow.
your cousion
Christina

Wendy said...

9 # of Ground Beef? Hmmm. You know Rebecca, you don't need to be so lazy...I mean the rest of us had all of those jobs you listed done eons ago I am sure...and well...Just 9#s of ground beef? Why be so chintzy? If you could just exert a little will power and motivation...you could be like the rest of us...HA!

Rebecca said...

I know-nine pounds of ground beef. The thing is-we have like an ENTIRE cow in our chest freezer. And I have STILL been lazy when it comes to cooking. Plus-each package is 1.75 punds or something like that which means to cook that much for one meal would be wasteful. SO-I decided to start browning meat-adding onions to some, taco seasoning to some, etc. and then refreezing them into one pound portions. Then I can QUICKLY make things like tacos, goulash, spagetti, lasagna, etc.

I need all the help I can get. We'll see how it works for me...

betsy said...

Sounds like a day of taking it easy in my life...