What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Heavy Promises

Ever have a day where it nearly pains you to smile? It seems like tedious work-just for your mouth to curve heavenward? Where your shoulders slump from an invisible weight, bearing down on you? Today seems to be one of those days for me. I awoke at 3:45 and no amount of convincing lured my brain to slumber once again. For me, that is case in point right there!

Sometimes showering refreshes in more ways than one. Especially in the solitude of pre-dawn. (The only escape from the imminent knocking and giggles from a girl on the other side of the door who must always remind me of her presence.)

The feel of the cold wall on my face and the heat beating upon my back. It is rhythmic, if you take time to notice. As I stood there, yielding to its calm, my mind asked the questions on my heart.

Of course I know our course eternally. And spiritually. What God's plan is for our lives as a whole. We are to serve Him, to love Him, to yield to Him, and for this we will be honored. Given mercy and blessings in abundance. We will bask in His presence for the rest of eternity, knowing that our Heavenly Father is proud of us. "Well done Good and Faithful servant." He will say to all those that have lived for Him. In obedience-yes and dispite disobedience.

But what of our lives on this world? What of the 'simple' plan of our mortal beings? Where are we to be? What are we to do? Who are we to love? WHAT are we to love? So much waiting. For answers. For revelation. I am such an impatient person. I wish the answers could be right in front of me so that I could work towards a goal.

I know not why I am writing these things here. Surely, not one of you need added cares. Perhaps it is only to admit that this wonderful little blog can not fully convey the full gammut of our lives. Each one of us has a wonderful life if only grasped. Yet each life is not free from burden. Would it be a lie to blog only the happiest of things? Life is not always happy giggles and pleasure filled days; though surely and thankfully-that is mostly what this home consists of. As much as I would like it to be at times, there is a reason that it is not.

These low points, times of questioning, tiredness of heart are for us to endure so that we might revel in the gloriousness of life when it is glorious. To feel lighted when our burdens our lifted. To be awestruck when our prayers are answered. For we would not understand the freedom we have, unless first we are caged.


"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

2By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

3And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

6For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. "

~Romans 5:1-6

4 comments:

Full of Grace said...

Thanks for this post Rebecca. I am having "one of those days" as well. I guess the pressure of the things going on in my life really surfaced today and I was a "blubbering mess" so to speak. I was slightly encouraged my your post and bible verses Thank You!

Mandie said...

Nothing wise to say here, but just a big *hug*

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this today Rebecca. I am walking through some waters I'd rather not be right now and it helps just to know that others also have days like the one you describe. {{[Hugs}}}my friend! ~Jennifer

Abigail said...

Praying for your peace...