What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, November 24, 2006

You don't often see this in your front yard...


But I heard the whipping of wind and saw a storm of leaves rise up and rushed outside to see a helicopter in our yard. I rushed in to grab the camera and to wake the sleeping Rynnie Roo. I have never seen a helicopter in use THIS close before, nor have a felt the rush of wind whip my hair as its propellers beat faster and faster. But my enthusiasm was maimed knowing that such an experience only happens when someone is in dire need. Apparently, a hunter fell from a tree and is in pretty bad shape. I can only think of his family, the day after Thanksgiving, dealing with an accident that might become tragic. My prayers are lifted up for this man and his family. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for the hunter and his family. But I am very thankful for the thoughtful and compassionate person that you are. Thanks so much for the package that arrived today. That was so very sweet of you. I was so surprised and delighted. The candles are as beautiful as I thought they would be, and the apple butter is so delicious! I ate a couple of spoonfuls and then put it on a dinner roll today. Thanks again.

smilnsigh said...

Mmmm yes, too close when you know... it has to be an emergency evac. :-(

dot said...

Great picture! How sad that it was under those circumstances.

Full of Grace said...

I wonder if you'll be able to hear if he was okay. I surely hope so! It is an amazing chance to get photos that you may never have been able to get, but such a sad reason! Well, hopefully all is well with him and his family!

theups said...

My goodness!!! That would have scared me to death to see a helicopter landing in my yard! You sure handled it calmly!! :)

I pray that the hunter is alright. How sad!!

His,
Mrs. U

Rebecca said...

Mrs. B~ I am only sorry that they didn't arrive before Thanksgiving. That was my goal. But I couldn't get to the post office before it closed.

I am so glad you liked them!