What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Scripture Within


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



My Opa and Oma always stressed the importance of memorizing scriptures and writing God's words on your heart and in your mind. Perhaps it is because they lived through a time when having the Bible just lying about was life-threatening. Opa always used to say, people can not take from you what is within.

I thought it only fitting for Corynn to honor them at their anniversary party by reciting a memory verse. I tried video taping it at the party but the background noise was FAR too loud...so here she is at home. The verses she is reciting are...

"Hear my son, and receive my sayings, and your years of life shall be many. I have taught thee in the way of wisdom, I have led thee in right paths." Proverbs 4: 10-11

(By the way: She did well but she said them only to Oma and Opa and not in front of EVERYONE. I think that doing it in front of EVERYONE might have freaked her out! I was very proud of her!)

3 comments:

Christine said...

This is absolutely adorable. I am completely convinced that there is nothing as important as filling our children's hearts with His Word. You will certainly reap a great harvest for what you have sown. Blessings!

Abigail said...

Good for her (and you)!

I need to start consistently guiding Mildred and Annika in scripture memorization, for their benefit and for mine. Thanks for giving me this unintentional nudge.

Kelli said...

What a cutie and how wonderful to hear her reciting the scriptures!
Kelli