What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, November 10, 2006

The sap runneth over.

"Would you like some tea?"

"How about some krispies?"

"Here, let me get that for you. Here you are!"

These are the sounds that filled our living room yesterday. Corynn decided to have a living room picnic. She strategically located ALL of my couch cushions on the floor as 'seats'-then added stuffed animals for her guests. She was doing so well, I thought it might be fun to have some HUMAN company. So we went to fetch our little neighbor friend and her Mama for some real life entertaining. Because we were both wearing dresses, Miranda and her Mom came dressed up as well. She served chocolate rice krispy treats (made yesterday and cut into shapes with a cookie cutter), grapes and water. And she poured the water from a little teapot all by herself-not spilling a drop! Wow-did she feel special. She was in all her glory! And I was so proud of her! What a fun morning we had. Next time we will have to break out the hats! ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I have a busy morning planned. Lots of laundry to get on the line today (it is supposed to be 65 degrees again today!) Matt has an important repro. meeting so I am going to make a sandwich tray with some snacks for that. I have to get to making some cookies here pronto. I will take that to his work on my way to go to a meeting of my own.

I am now officially the head of the Women's Group at church. It is not a bible study but more of a social time. I love to plan stuff like this and put it all into action, so I think I will enjoy doing it. Last month we all met at Wegmans and had dinner together, at which time they asked for suggestions on what they might do this coming year. I guess I gave so MANY options they wanted ME to be their facilitator. This month we are doing a cookie exchange and making boxes for the college students and elderly people of our church. And at some point, all the ladies are going to meet at an oldish country store for some pre-holiday shopping. I guess I will know more of the years plans after my meeting this afternoon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tomorrow morning the children and I will head to some craft bazaars and then-tomorrow night-the kids will get to bed early so Matt and I can have an in-home date night watching the movie The Notebook. Have you ever watched that? It is amazing. I love it in so many ways. Definately a good excuse to cuddle. You need to see it. It is on par with the book Best Friends for Life. Sappy. Romantic. The epitome of truest devotion. Just my kind of movie.

That will be my pre-Sabbath weekend.

I have gotten SO little done for my craft show it is ridiculous.
I have set aside my crocheting until my craft show stuff is done.
I am reading so many books right now that my head is spinning.
I will be thankful when the next few weeks are over and my life can slow down. Just a bit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh an oldish country store???? Where is that??? I love stuff like that. You'll have to tell me where it is so we can check it out.
BTW I LOVE The Notebook. I happened to catch it on tv one day not long ago and fell in love with it and recorded it. Even Rich watched it with me the 2nd time.
Have a great weekend! ~Jen

Carmichael Family said...

Corynn's tea party sounds so cute! And what fun to have a little friend over to share it with.
The Notebook is indeed a great movie. Parts of it make me really sad though.
Have fun with your busy weekend!

Kelli said...

The tea party sounds so fun! I love the Notebook....one of my favorite movies. Have a great weekend!
Kelli