What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, November 27, 2006

Questions Answered

Here is a further explanation of the newest news in the Newman house and an update. I have but a few minutes to be on here because any minute now my MIL Linda will be arriving for a surprise (surprise meaning just found out about it last night) visit for a few days. Given no time to dally, I will get right to it and be very newsy about it all.

The new job that Matt got is actually 4 miles away from the house-about 7 minutes away-and closer to church at that. So, we will be staying in the area and for that I am so thankful. For so many reasons. But because the house that we are living in comes with the OTHER farm, we will still need to move.

Most graciously, the Lord has given us a few months here as Ed has offered to let us stay in this house over the winter. So, PRAISE GOD! We will not be moving before Christmas. This will allow us a few months to save up, find and possibly (hopefully) purchase a home without having to move into a go-between apartment. Of course, this is all contigent upon Matt liking this work-and I can only pray that he does. We have looked at a few homes but nothing is in our price range that isn't right next to train tracks or river byflow or whatever it is called. But, now at least we are afforded more time-and the opportunity to celebrate Christmas with a Christmas tree!

His last day at work here is December 9th and he will begin his new job shortly after that. So-at that time we will know more. I THINK that answers all the questions...

PS. For Baby Amelia~ The buntings I made are really sized 0-9 months and will fit a baby who wears up to 6/9 month clothing. But-that is snug. So...a seven month old little one would probably fit if she is SMALL but might not fit for very long. It is really a gamble. If you are interested let me know and I will post some pictures of the fleece patterns and such. Sorry it took so long to answer you!

PPS~ The hunter I spoke about in my helicopter posts is going to be alright. A few broken bones-but no gunshot wound, which is what I feared for.

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Rebecca, I too am glad that you got to stay for a while...I will be praying that you will find the perfect house in the perfect price range!!! Also I was hoping that you could send me your email again...I cant imagine where it has gone! Hope all is going well with you all...(Cory got his 6 point this morning too!!!...but alas I am not crazy about venison.)
Oh...send it to cordyv(at)epix(dot)net.

Carmichael Family said...

How wonderful that you will be able to stay in your house for a while longer...that would have been hard trying to move right before Christmas! I'll be praying that you find just the right house to purchase and that Matt's new job works out well.

smilnsigh said...

Best wishes that all works out wonderfully. :-)

Full of Grace said...

I knew most of what you posted, just from our phone conversations, however, I am so thankful you can celebrate Christmas the right way, instead of amongst boxes! :) I hope you can buy a house, to call your own, and I hope Matt likes his new job, so you CAN buy a home to call your own :)

Wendy, if you don't know ANYONE who likes venison- we do- hint, hint :)

Wendy said...

Elizabeth...I am so glad to know someone who likes venison...when he gets it back...I will personally deliver it to your door!!!

Sharon said...

I am glad that you get to stay in the house and celebrate Christmas and so happy that the hunter is ok.......They say it is a buyers market and you may be able to find just what you are looking for.

Kelli said...

Rebecca, I'm so glad you will get to stay in your home a few more months, what a blessing!

Thank you for letting us know about the hunter.

Kelli

Anonymous said...

Thanks for explaining things. I sure do hope you can find just the right home for you and your family. So glad that you have time to look more. It is no fun to move at Christmas. Now you can take your time and enjoy it. Just think, another house to decorate. God has something wonderful in mind, you wait and see. PS I knew some of this from talking with your mom on the way to the airport to pick up Mr. B.

Abigail said...

Good to hear! I thought your sanity might be in danger if you had to move with two-weeks notice right before Christmas. Hurrah for putting a tree up! And hurrah for the unexpected graciousness of Matt's boss. What a blessing.