What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Splinters



Lincoln logs are a great thing. I have acquired through yard sales many trillions of little pieces of wood only to discover that name brand 'Lincoln Logs' and the generic sort do not actually fit together! Eek! This is a headache for me. A big one.

Not to mention I am terribly, horribly, incompetent at building structures with them. Thank the Lord He made me a girl-one whose livelihood does not depend on my construction abilities, because though I can craft a wreath like no one and can buzz away creating things in many different modes, using many different substances- I just can't seem to fit those dumb pieces together without a picture. This too is a headache. An even bigger one, to my ego that is.

But for all its' headaches, they certainly do bring about lots of joy too. Like three hours worth, this morning alone. We brought them outside for a REAL atmosphere and Corynn decided she wanted to build a Little House in the prairie.



This is the happy Ingalls Family, grateful for our hard work on their behalf. See the resemblance?



I was in charge of the house which I managed to build (after entirely too long) on a scale that was incredibly small and only with the help of some diagram suggestions for building them.

Corynn was in charge of the barn. As you can tell by the above photo, the barn was WAY more suitable for living than the house was. I begged Corynn to switch with me but she'd have none of it. Apparently, it is VERY important to have separate rooms for all the different animals with grass added for effect. Clever.



They begged to keep it up through rest time, so I anticipate a few more hours' play this afternoon.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I LOVE this kind of play! And I also love that your children always look so adorable!