What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bunkin, rediscovered



I was unpacking a box (YES-there are still boxes that torment my soul. Even now. Two months after we moved in. Five weeks (give or take) before Bunkin arrives... Still, I contend with cardboard.)

As I was saying... I was unpacking a box, freeing a box of stationary from its cardboard prison, when out fluttered this. Bunkin! OR atleast, a black and white, grainy, in-womb representation of him/her when he/she didn't have as much life experience as s/he does now. (yikes! Not knowing the gender of this wee one sure can complicate sentence structure!)

This ultrasound photo was taken at 18 1/2 weeks, if memory serves right, the week before we moved.

What a happy warm feeling filled me as I gazed upon sweet Bunkins skull. That sounds weird, I know. But really, truly...isn't s/he cute?!? When I first got the ultrasound I thought "Sheesh. I hope I get a better one next time! This baby looks like some skeleton pracing about on all Hallow's Eve!" But now, NOW, after not seeing or even recollecting the photo for so long...I can honestly say that the sunken eyes and rotund belly are positively endearing and the little hand resting by the chin and the foot curled all the way up to his/her ear just about gets me weepy.

Bunkin is not just some being that tugs and pulls my belly this way and that, but a BABY. With eyes, and belly, and teensy feet.

Bunkin's picture is now posted on my refrigerator, a sorry replacement for laying eyes on the real thing, but a happy diversion in the meantime.

Only a few more weeks!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Grandma Bibby said...

Hey if 'he' is good enough for the Bible, it is good enough for us. Just call him a he. She won't mind if it ends up being a she. Love will abound, and does now for this precious gift from the Lord. I can't wait to see Heather's next ultasound, and 'he' is only 8 weeks. The last one was only a human blob, but a human nonetheless!!

Andie said...

I can't wait to see Bunkin's beautiful face! I always called my babies by their pet name while I was preggo...like you do with Bunkin. Abbigail was "Wolfie" until she was born (a LONG story to explain that one!). Andrew was "BJ" until birth...because we wanted to name him Bethany Joy or Benjamine Jacob...but changed to Andrew around 8 months...oh well. Bethany was "Trio" because she was our third. This avoided the "He/She" debate.
Just love those U/S pics...but like I said, can't wait to see the "real" face and little fingers and toes!
Blessings-Andie

Full of Grace said...

I used to look at Samuel and Christiana's ultrasound pictures EVERY SINGLE DAY till they were born! I just loved imagining what they would look like, and thinking of the little baby growing inside of me!

I cannot wait to lay eyes on your new one either Rebecca, and I AM SO THANKFUL you live close by again, so I can be a full-time Auntie!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ohh Rebecca i can't wait to see bunkin!