What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Doll's Party



While I *SHOULD* be preparing for a little party of my own that I am hosting tomorrow, I spent the morning praising the efforts of my children to prepare the "Gray" home for a costume party. They feathered their dollhouse nest with all sorts of attractive fall decorations and then hosted a costume party.

and okay. I enjoyed making some fallish clay treats too.

We each made pumpkins a week or so ago (and only now did I get to drying them! eek!) Panda even made a pumpkin "puppy" and one with quite an elegant hat (both at the bottom of the fireplace.)



Corynn spent nearly two hours total stringing beads into garlands, and ended up with BEAUTIFUL ones, if I do say so myself.

For such an occasion, a tasty treat was in order...



Why is it that I make decadent dark chocolate cake and Corynn decides to make...



a salad?

WHAT is wrong with this picture?!? I am a bad BAD person, methinks. I was very impressed with her salad though. Which from start to finish (idea included) was all her own. Love the carrots and tomatos.

Although-she did get into making caramel apples with me...so maybe not ALL is lost.



All in all, the Gray party was a smashing success~ so much so there will likely be many more in their plasticy future. Now...if only it were true about tomorrow. Those of you ladies coming tomorrow...well, now you know the truth of why hotspots still remain in this house we moved into months ago. Playdough is too alluring...

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Charree said...

Times like those are what will stick with Corynn for years to come, not the party/get together you hosted. It is so wonderful that you take the time to really spend quality time with your children. I really like your creations, the caramel apple is making me hungry. Have a great day!

~Charree

Abigail said...

When we were there, Corynn showed the girls and I the new decorations, and I was suitably impressed! I've got to buy some of that clay...after we renovate the doll house that is. ("No brats allowed" really should be painted over, don't you think?)