What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, October 14, 2008



It has been very sad for me, this year, because I made the decision to not spend (waste) what money we have on silly things like disposable decorations. That means, I made myself give up the notion of having pumpkins and mums sitting in our doorway, greeting us as we entered. Because, well, there is QUITE a list of things that DO require money and ARE required for us to buy and somewhere, someTHING needs to be prioritized. Whaaaaaah! Anyone who knows how I enjoy decorating for holidays and such knows how terribly hard a decision it was for me!

Well, the decision was not too terrible, it turns out because when we headed to the Octoberfest and to our friends, they practically begged us to take some off their hands. They had produced a bumper crop of about 50 pumpkins this year and were sick to death of them already! :-)

Sometimes, waiting or sacrificing things is actually just opening the door for God to grant us the desires of our hearts in a spectacular way.



These two are for The Papa. He loved how Corynn sat with her hands in her lap during the hayride, and even occasionally straightened her skirt.



And this is proof, that while she is often prim and proper, an equal amount of time is spent in pursuit of anything BUT. Here, she is trying to master the art of blowing bubbles. Obviously, there is still work to be done on that. But, hey, that's fine by me!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Dyana said...

I love your comment about waiting on God... to fill our need... and allowing Him to provide the desire of our hearts...

You said it so well...
May I used your quote on my blog?

Rebecca said...

of course! Thank you for asking!

Dyana said...

Thank you... you have a beautiful blog by the way... I also LOVE your cooking blog :)

God Bless.