What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Many Happy Returns

I mentioned in passing our weekend away, and now I got to share some photos (though admittedly few) about our stay.
We returned "HOME" last weekend. In truth, it was our LAST home, but even as we drove past the familiar fences and trees, in my mind it was as if these last few months had only been a short visit and we were just returning from a time away.
It has been since June that we packed up and hauled off, leaving our dear friends with sorrowful (and wet) adieu's. Frankly, it was high time we returned to get a "refill" of them.
I have missed them all SO much, and realized even MORE than I thought, as we caught up and basked in each others' company.
*sigh*
Someday perhaps our lives will include cherished memories of particular fences, trees, and country lanes in this neck of the woods, but even if that is true, a piece of us will always belong out there- for as long as our friends are present there, we shall be, because our friends hold pieces of our hearts with them.
I had such a grand time.
Posted by Picasa
This was the hostess with the most-ess, who opened up her home and made me lose my much-prided "not much weight gain status". I am sure I gained more in one weekend than I have this whole pregnancy thanks to her diligence and delectable cooking.
Proof of the wonderful visit is made evident by my lack of photos. I hardly THOUGHT about my camera, the enjoyment of company was too all-encompassing. But at one point, I did hijack my Nanci so that I could get a photo of us both, with credit and thanks to her daughter Megan for the taking of it.


2 comments:

Full of Grace said...

Beautiful picture of a beautiful friendship :)

Bonnie said...

I am so glad you all enjoyed your trip, and you got you decorations to boot! Aren't those "I love you and see even your little desires" gifts from God some of the best?
It's so easy to think He only handles the big things (like Matts job, your house, etc.)but He is Lord of ALL things, and not fenced in by size of our needs!
Loved all the pictuers BTW, Brady is sitting on my lap excitedly pointing the the picture of Corynn and the "Ki-Ki".