What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Did you know?

That it is incredibly hard to make a photo of your own pregnant belly?

Well..... it is.

TRUST me on this one, please.

I thought it high time I get some recent Bunkin Belly-shots, and finally the sun began to shine, so the timing was perfect (or so I thought...) Little did I know, I couldn't find my little bitty piece of camera magic called "the remote". So I had to use the 10 second timer and run-then ACT natural. Ha. I can't act natural NATURALLY!

Then, I had to hoist my elephant belly up off the ground and push the button again. And then hightail it. Again. and Again. and Again.

As if this were not enough, the only black shoes I have happen to be knee-high dress boots, WITH a heel-mind you. Not exactly perfect footwear for a nine-month pregnant lady to be sprinting through brambles and weeds (and twisting ankles and tripping on the junk hiding in said brambles and weeds.)

I very nearly died.

Here are the few that even turned out halfway decent, though not a single one I am terribly fond of...


**This one in particular was nearing the end of my "excursion" and I was exhausted. I like it because, if you look closely, you can see that Bunkin favors the left side and often hangs out over there. I can imagine a little bitty back curled up right by that shadow. And that makes me happy. (Even if it turns out I am totally wrong! hehe)




Ah yes-and then there was Dutchess. The children were resting inside but then...the dog. Oh, the dog. She got excited with every sprint and inevitably launched herself at me just as the shutter clicked. That was a high-point too. Not.









So what if my head is cut off? I am quite fond of headless portraits of me.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Grandma Bibby said...

This baby looks low and ready to enter this world. :-) I wonder if you could stand in front of a mirror sidesways and snap one. Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! Why didn't I think of that all those years ago! Blessings to you as you look forward to this new life coming into the world!

Dianne

Abigail said...

I love the one of you by the barn, too. It's pretty much perfect.