What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The OTHER project



As if the closet wasn't enough... I got sick of looking at the opened and rummaged through boxes of stationary and desk supplies that have long cluttered the top of this desk. I also got sick of sending out letters on scraps of paper with homemade, taped up envelopes!

So, I set to work. Sorted. Organized. Decluttered. And EVENTUALLY, triumphed.

This desk is actually an old sewing desk that I converted into my writing and bill-paying desk. I bought the desk, full of dust and older-than-dirt spools of thread and sewing notions, at an auction for $3.00. Yes. THREE dollars. Therefore, you have no right to judge the single solitary knob that decorates despite missing its' three other siblings. Someday, perhaps it will no longer be an only child, but for now I just say "what do you expect for THREE dollars?!?!"

Now, I am REALLY putting my self out there for all sorts of scrutiny by posting this next photo.

Essentially, I am revealing myself to be the O.C.D freak of nature that I really am. Colored sorted paperclips?!?

Can you say obsessive? Or maybe....PATHETIC?!?

Matt took one look, chuckled and said... "NESTING!"

But overlooking that: isn't this old spool holder a handy way to organize "junk drawer" stuff? Rubberbands? Clips? Paperclips? Safety Pins? Tape? They all have their own little spots! No shuffling required!

I love that.

Why?

Because I am an obsessive-compulsive organizer who has apparently too much time on her hands in her last few weeks of pregnancy...


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Your "desk" is beautiful!! I would have totally snatched that up for $3. I had to chuckle at the paperclips. ;)

Terri said...

It looks beautiful! Great job on the desk and the closet. I'm OCD about paper clips too. ;-)

Grandma Bibby said...

That cabinet is so great. What a way to use it for something besides it original use. Yes, it likely is nesting. You want your house in order before the baby comes, but that is so smart. You will feel so much better. Probably already do! The first step to organizing and cleaning is the most difficult. It is like pulling the first weed. I hate doing it, but when the first one comes out, there is no stopping me.

Michelle said...

It looks great, and I LOVE that desk for only $3! Woo hoo!

I won't let you see my paperclips, though...:0!

Charree said...

I love the desk, in fact I am wishing that I had one right now. You have it organized very nicely. I hope you have a great weekend!

Kimberly said...

$3.00??? Wow! That is great! I love it as a desk too!! I would have probably done the same thing with the paperclips :)