What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

As for today...



I am deep in the thick of bridal shower preparations for this Saturday. Another woman is in charge of games and prizes, everyone is bringing an appetizer or fingerfood, and I am in charge of decorations and some themed food. Just my thing! So, I have been looking for inspiration in ALL my cookbooks and wracking my brain for ideas. I am excited at the prospects. The bride-to-be is a good-natured, down-to-earth, outdoorsy kindof gal so I wanted to choose a color theme not too frilly-that is not at all her style.

I decided upon robin's egg blue and dark brown...that combination will be LOVELY considering my chocolate fountain will be at work there and will match perfectly my $5.00 bird vase purchase a month or so ago! There was ONE problem though, and that was I didn't have any light blue tablecloths nor did any church ladies. The very day I chose the color scheme, I found brand new LOVELY light blue tablecloths on sale at Gabriel Brothers for $1.00 a piece! And they had enough for me to make due with! WA-HOO! I practically floated out to my car!

It all seems to be coming together well-to stay on the cheap, I will only buy one set of fresh flowers-for the bird vase. The rest of the arrangements will be twigs of blooming trees (in my backyard) set in my antique blue jars. The twigs will work nicely since the stems are obviously-brown.

I got the more expensive disposable napkins-you know, the thicker ones...and I am going to be folding each one in a crown fold to jazz things up a bit.

I do so LOVE party planning! Good thing, too, because three more ladies are preparing for their weddings in the coming months! :-)


5 comments:

Full of Grace said...

LOVE THIS SHOT! IT IS SO COOL :)

Kelli said...

The top picture is so cute Rebecca (I love that cookbook!) and the bottom one is SO cool! The bridal shower sounds so fun. I hope to do those color combinations in my bedroom someday!
Kelli

Charree said...

The picture of you with the cookbook is too adorable. How wonderful you were able to find the tablecloths for $1.00. What a great deal!

Rebecca said...

Thanks ladies! It didn't turn out exactly like I wanted, but still was fun to practice with.

Kelli~ after I chose that color combination, I started looking around and it is pretty prevelent in the stores-now might be the time to do it! :-)

Charree~I was super excited!!

smilnsigh said...

That last, is a very artistic shot!!!!

Mari-Nanci