What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Gulls and Gals


The last day of our vacation, Saturday, I woke up before the sun because I remembered that THIS would be the day I would see Mattie. After that thought found its way into my head, I couldn't get back to sleep so I got up and prepared for the day. I remembered seeing a HUGE mess of gulls at the river and thought it would be a perfect opportunity to get out and have some fun while the rest of the house was asleep. So I went and as I thought, the golden morning sun was as glorious as I had anticipated.

But.

This was the only gull shot that came out halfway decent. And I took quite a few! ;-)

They were just too far away to do anything with if you didn't have a serious zoom or special lens. So I took pictures of the only other possible subjects...flowers and me.

Right before I left, this gull flew up and let me get surprisingly close before flying off. I was thankful to have gotten ONE keeper.

(Only ONE more set of vacation pictures! Next up will be of Mom's birthday party! I think after this, I will be more wordy and less picturey for a while. Especially given my dinosaur of a computer giving me timing issues...)

Have a wonderful day!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,
This is Amy's daughter, Erin, from Picket Fence Cottage. To answer your question about the program I use to do 'selective coloring', I use PhotoImpression. It was already on our computer when we got it, but I've priced it since then to see about getting the program for the laptop. I found out that it's around $50.00, at least that's how much one of the newer versions costs! Definitely NOT buying one for the laptop at this time! ;)
However, it's the only photo program that I've been able to use for 'selective coloring'. I'm sure that there are others! :)
Have a great day!
Erin

Rebecca said...

Thanks so much Erin, for that information! That was very kind of you.

Well, I guess my free version will have to do! ;-) It does have the capability for FOCAL black and white-meaning color can be kept in one particular spot but ONLY as a circle. I guess I will make due with that. :-)

you are a very skilled photographer!