What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, April 23, 2007

Today is the Day update:


Well, we are back! Our whole family is BEAT, let me tell you. Downright exhausted. And believe it or not, we didn't squeeze everything we WANTED to into our trip. There never is enough time in the day, is there?

My bumpkin is STILL tired from all the driving, my suitcase is still packed, and my camera card is FULL to capacity. It was good to visit, but it is good to be home. Very good.

While there are bags to be unpacked EVERYWHERE-I think I have to put them off for a day. Andrew has a doctors appointment and our cupboards are bare-like echoing. :-) Not to mention-it is about 80 so I have some laundry to hang on the line.

Here is a tidbit for you travellers out there...actually, two.

1) If you are coming home with MORE than you brought and simply don't have room in your suitcase for more...ROLL your clothes. In fact, you can do this on the way TO, also. Rolling your clothes takes up far less room and so you can fit lots more into your suitcase. I know because I fit an entire trashbag full of extra clothing into the suitcase when we returned home. It may even make for less wrinkling.

2) If you are travelling to a place where you have access to a machine-utilize that! I washed ALL of our clothes except the clothes on our backs before packing the suitcase...and so those clothes that you see in-those are ALL clean and need only to be put away. Sometimes the worst part of a trip is unpacking, but that heavy load can be lessened with just a BIT of preparation.

Take it or leave it, but there it is! ;-)

Now-in order to get these pictures posted but not get far behind on the present day stuff- every time I post, I will be including a present day post AND a selection of photos from our trip. It will be a week before I am entirely caught up. YIKES! Oh well.

I got spoiled with Dad's computer-it works so much faster than mine. I am aging here-and there is much to be done so this is it for today!

I look forward to catching up with everyone this week! Have a great sun-filled day!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

smilnsigh said...

Happy to see you back! And happy that you had a lovely time.

Excellent suggestions for travel, btw.

Take your time with all. Especially catching up with Blog Land. We can wait for updates and pictures. Worry not. We will be around.

Hugs,
Mari-Nanci

Kelli said...

Welcome back, Rebecca!!! I hope Corynn recieves a package today...I was a little slow getting to the post office, sorry!! I can't wait to see your pictures but unwind and rest first. I will have to try the clothes rolling...I'm pretty sure Phillip uses that method and he always seems to fit more in than I do. I agree with washing clothes befores you pack, it makes a huge difference!! Have a wonderful week getting back into your routine!
Kelli

Gena said...

I'm happy you're home safe. Can't wait to see all the photos.

Full of Grace said...

Glad you made it home safe and sound, but even more glad that I was able to see you this past week! You are a wonderful sister :)

Abigail said...

I've rolled clothes like that since I was five or so, thanks to a mother who taught us how to pack as many clothes as possible into rummage sale bags! :)

She also taught us to ask the ladies for two grocery bags, so that those stuffed full of rolled clothes wouldn't rip, but I suppose that wouldn't work with suitcases...