What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, April 06, 2007

Lest I forget....

Three days ago I completed a project that has been in my head for months...a poncho for Corynn. The online pattern didn't work for me, so Nancy created an easy pattern for me to follow. I bought enough yarn to make another one for Laura, who is getting quite a wardrobe these days.


I love the combination of lavendar and buttercup, so this yarn grabbed my attention instantly. I used a solid buttercup yarn to scallop to edges and to create a neckline and tie, I hoped it would bring out some of the yellow within the body of the poncho.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kelli said...

It's so pretty, Rebecca and I love that last picture of Corynn!
Kelli

Abigail said...

It's lovely, and the colors are perfect for spring! She looks sweet and edible.

(Millie has a cloth doll named Laura, only Millie's Laura is tattered and worn from two years of love, not decked out in fancy, Mama-fashioned duds...)

Christine said...

Corynn looks so beautiful in the precious poncho. She is so photogenic. You are amazing at all the projects you undertake!