What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Cake and Present time


I just love those top two of Mom in the process of candle-blowage and then afterward. The funniest part was that the wind blew the candles out before the cake even reached her.

Corynn strung beads with a REAL needle, ALL BY HERSELF (you know I am a mother of a youngster when I say ALL BY HERSELF) for a birthday present for Nanny. She worked on for almost two hours. She was so careful she didn't spill a single bead. She was so proud of herself and SO excited to give Nanny the present.


Remember that peachy, crocheted rose? Well-here is the unveiling. I made my mom a tablecloth for her birthday with a quilted top, appliqued tulips and embroidered stems. I folded it nicely, wrapped it with the crocheted peach rose and tucked in a gift certificate for a 30 minute massage. I am not sure how my mom will NOT do something for 30 minutes, but at 50 years old, I think she finally deserves a sit down.

Here is a close-up of the top.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures don't do it justice. It is simply gorgeous, and looks great on the table with the tulips from Jessamyn and Jonathan.

Full of Grace said...

I agree- it did look beautiful; you should be proud!! :)

Rebecca said...

You both are very gracious considering you saw the real thing-broken stitches, misaligned triangles and all.

It did work perfectly with the Tulips J&J gave. A THEME! ;-)

Abigail said...

Well done. It is lovely.

smilnsigh said...

Precious pictures. Can't choose which is the more-precious-er. Your mom or the sheer concentration on Corynn's face. :-)

And I love her dress! White ruffles on blue with pink flowers. Oh sigh... I so love little girl dresses!!!!!!!!!!

Mari-Nanci

Carmichael Family said...

That is so funny about the candles. It must have been so special for your mom to have you all there to celebrate her 50th birthday with her! And I love the tablecloth you made for her. It's just gorgeous!