What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Presents



Coincidentally, Andrew got a birthday package in the mail~ perfectly timed. He opened up the package with great excitement. Thank you Auntie Beth (and Uncle Bob!) , for sending some love to him on his big day. The next picture really stinks, but I include it anyway-because just LOOK at that look he is giving when he discovers it is a ball! He was so excited his fists shook with glee!



We got him one measley, singular, lonely gift this year. I could have bought him tons of gifts, but when I found what I found, I knew so utterly, deep-down-in-my-bones that he would LOVE it and become CONSUMED by it, and that there was no way in the world that I would ever TOP it, I knew any additional gifts would just be futile attempts to rack up an 'appropriate number of gifts.' And frankly, I despise and rebel against forcing 'appropriate numbers'. So. One is what he got. One is what he loved. One is what he has not stopped playing with since.

A skidsteer! He is familiar with them, since, after all, they are prevelent on farms. Motorized, no less.

I always vowed never to buy battery operated toys for our children. Actually, before we had children, we vowed no battery operated toys in our HOUSE. Then Grandparents laughed at us and now, we allow them in our house but don't add to them with our own money.

Except maybe, just this once. :-)



This is him saying "WOW!" "Wow!"

It was tremendously dear when he said "Da." (his version of Thank you) and kissed me and then Papa. And then, time passed and I was washing the dishes and he came in from the living room (after having played with his toy for a long time) and tugged at my skirt and kept smiling and saying "Da! Da!' Until I said "You are most welcome, Panda!" and kissed him. I didn't think at first he was coming to thank me again, but after I responded-he was satisfied and left so I know that was EXACTLY what he was doing.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Full of Grace said...

I'm glad you posted the "fuzzier" pic- I loved Andrew's expression and body language and am so happy he liked his gift! :)