What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, September 03, 2009

The Cake



Birthday Queens and Kings always get to request their meals and cakes. Little Miss Corynn's is always tried and true. She always wants sausage gravy and biscuits for her meal.

But this year's cake request seemed quite out of the blue (for her).

She asked for a banana triangle cake with a banana tree (and bananas in it) with flowers in the grass below.

I don't know where she came up with it: don't ask me!

This is what I came up with.




I used a 9x13 inch pan and split it on the diagonal and created the triangle by flipping a side. I made the tree trunk out of dried bananas (home-dried, untreated ones so they look brown-they aren't bad or anything fyi) and used Runts for the bananas (and some flowers).

She was beyond thrilled with it! She kept saying "Oh it is JUST how I pictured it!" "It is JUST what I wanted!!!"

I LOVE simple pleasures.



~~~ As for PRESENT time ~~~


3 comments:

Caroline said...

Hey Rebecca, it looks like the cake turned out great. Corynn look so cute in the pics, tell her i said a late Happy Birthday! Great job..

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!! :)

Jerelene said...

What an adorable cake!! You are just so talented...I love the little bananas...Very pretty! Great job Mommy!
Jerelene