What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Just....stuff


I planted this rose bush last year and it gave me two of the most radiant, jaw-droppingly beautiful blooms ever.

This year, I get two more.

I know nothing of roses but my guess is that the plant hasn't grown larger because I cut the blooms last year, not giving the poor thing time enough to acclimate? So this year I promised I wouldn't bring them in, no matter how much I wanted to... I have been having quite the inner struggle to keep from cutting these blooms, let me tell you!

Only two-but what a couple they are!

Rose #1 looked like this:







and Rose #2:

Started out looking like this~


and ended up looking like this~


Other randomness~

~I finally tackled the craft room, the last room that needed a good tidy. Now that THAT is under control, I am determined to start a crafty project this coming week, even if it is just cutting fabric out. Picking fabric. Picking a project-I don't care. I am GOING to do SOMETHING. It has been too long for my own good.

~I haven't posted a recipe on my kitchen blog in almost a year. That is just sad. I *will* be doing better at that. It hasn't been that I haven't been cooking. In fact, I even have half a dozen or so photographed foods-but I never wrote down the recipe, thinking "Oh, I'll remember until tonight when I post it" and then never did. And now I kinda sorta FORGET the recipes. But no more. Promise.

~You don't think I am serious? This morning I made tropical banana bread (oh my!), a batch of homemade bisquick mix, some no-bake cookies and some rolls. They will all be going in Kitchen Riches by MONDAY. (There a time limit!)

~I am crossing my fingers and toes that Matt and I can squeeze in a date or two before Smooch arrives. Dates pretty much don't happen these days. I am lucky to get 2 or 3 a year and those, only going out to dinner. But the rush always happens before a new baby is born. It got me thinking about places to eat out which got me thinking about Texas Roadhouse which got me to thinking about their bread and honey cinnamon butter which led me to a google search which then forced me to get all floury this morning. Just popped 'em out of the oven and they are just as pillow-y as the restaurant variety. Gonna make the butter in a bit and then I am going to eat more bread with dinner than anything else. I can't wait to try them. Do you KNOW how exciting it will be to be able to make those MYSELF?!?
If they work out, they ALSO will be going to Kitchen Riches.

~Blue and green look nice together, no? I started a sweater, this very one, except using blue and green HOMESPUN. I took the children to the park yesterday and laid out my picnic blanket and brought out the yarn and hook, hoping to get some crocheting done while children played. HA! How do some mothers do that? I have a 19 month old who tries to periodically kill herself on mammoth slides and firepoles and don't even get me started around water.

~Saturday is THE wedding. THE wedding in which I am getting paid to single-handedly capture the very essence and beauty of a union of two souls and two families. I am scared. to. death. On a good note~it is an outdoor wedding and the forecast says all golden skies. Everyone knows how I *HATE* taking photos inside with bad lighting. HALLELUJAH!

~Some of our tomato plants are nearly as tall as I am. Seriously, that says A LOT.

~I love fresh pineapple. And we are having some with dinner. YUM-o.

~We survived our first (and hopefully last) tornado last week. The week Matt was out of town. It wrecked havok on our road but didn't touch the house (though it felt like a different story at the time) and totally missed our trees, barns, animals, etc. Plan to get some photos but there are all sorts of wreckage clean-up men who will probably not find too much amusement in a shutter-happy pregnant woman getting in their way. Or maybe they would. Either way-I wouldn't.

That's all for now!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

TORNADO? Seriously? My 2 tornado stories are when I was 12, and *didn't* stay the night at a friends house (though we thought about it), and one tore up the field right across the road from them that very night.
The second one was coming home from the fair, looking up and seeing the swirling and fingers through the sun roof. Right. over. head. It touched down about 20 minutes away from us.

The wedding will go fine, you can do this, and it will be beautiful.
Don't talk to me about messy crafts...

My tomato plants don't even graze my knees.

I love pineapple too, but I'm to cheap to buy it.

Dates? What are those again?

And yes, you need to up date your recipe blog, I need the inspiration.

Oh I'm braving the park tomorrow with a friend and her 3 littles. No playground equipment, but lots of gardens and walking trails.
I'm drilling in now that we may look, we may smell, BUT WE DO NOT PICK!

Which reminds me, I need to go charge my camera batteries...

tootles!
Bonnie

Unknown said...

I might just have to pick that rose myself! ;)

Love happenin' posts!

:)

Kim said...

So glad to hear the tornado didn't damage your home!! We've had a few this year already, most 2 to 3 hours from us so far.

Wendy said...

Of all of the nice things you wrote...all I can remember is about the tornado...ACK!!! I actually felt my stomach tighten, and felt like I couldnt breathe very well...I am scared to death of tornados. *shiver*