What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, November 21, 2011

Meals on Wheels


I could (and often do) tout the benefits and importance of food storage but if there is ONE major downfall to the storage of food, I met it head on recently:

MOVING it.

Trust me. SO not fun. It is heavy. It is cumbersome. It can be fragile and it is a HUGE nuisance.

Especially my home-canned goods.

It made me sick to think of how many times my hands have touched that food from planting, weeding, harvesting, canning, loading into the canning cupboard, UNloading the canning cupboard and REloading the canning cupboard.

See what I mean?

Sick.

We better REALLY enjoy eating it..............

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

Is it any consolation that it even looks pretty covering your van floor???

Unknown said...

Whoa. I am just sweating thinking of the hours of work you put in that are represented there...I freak out over 2 hours of jam making!!! ;)

Regina said...

Truly a labor of love. :)

Terri said...

That looks wonderful!!!! Not the comment you want to hear, I'm sure. LOL!!!

But seriously, what a blessing to have that much food put away.

Hollace said...

You will be thankful all winter long, every time you open a jar you will be glad and thankful and proud of yourself. You will think "I prepared this in advance to take care of my family" "this is so much healthier than that other stuff I could have bought" "Thank goodness I am not filling my children with preservatives" "This cost so much less" "I don't need to run to the grocery store-Yay!" "I was like the wise ant who stored things up for the winter" "I planted and sowed but God gave the increase" "I am a great wife and mother who looks well to the ways of her household"! You rock.

Abigail said...

Ug. I hear you, sister. I was just groaning a few days ago over having to cart 40-odd quarts of applesauce down to the basement to join their brethren and sistren.

Thanks for putting me in my place. Walking down a few steps is nothin'!

peggy said...

I sure know how you feel. My food fills a small bedroom. First it was moved from Tn to Ar. Then it was moved again across town. I dont want to move it again. Ever again. I'm glad to have it but moving it is a real pain.

Catie said...

You. Are. Amazing. That is so much food! *feeling a tiny bit inadequate*

Kim said...

Oh my I've done that more times than I care to remember to! LOL! But it's so worth it later when your using all that food canned with love. :-)

Kimberly said...

I did that and was bummed at how many things FROZE in the transport and were wrecked. Moving in January not good.