What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, March 12, 2012

Wormy


By eight o'clock this morning I had:

~ cut Matt's hair

~ Made (and baked) two loaves of bread (including grinding the wheat....though that isn't all that impressive since it is an electric grinder...)

~ was warmed and filled spiritually

~ Made a batch of oatmeal and a batch of eggnog to fill a hungry brood

~ Washed an entire counterful of dirty dishes

~ and scooted around a bit on Pinterest.

I am not always this good at being a morning person, but when I am, it always makes me think I need to be.

You know what they say about early birds.....

and, of course, the Menu for Sunday~

Breakfast: scrambled eggs. sausage. yogurt.

Lunch: grilled cheese and tomato soup

Afternoon snack: pretzel rods

Dinner: at church. We brought pickled eggs. And snacked on them on the way home too. ;-)

8 comments:

Leah T. said...

*Love* days like that and wish I was better at making them happen. LOL

Leah said...

Many wives have done virtuously, but thou?
Thou maketh the rest of us want to get our act together! :)

LFlores said...

By 8 o'clock MST this morning I managed to get myself out of bed. =D

You are quite an accomplishing person and I applaud your productiveness that early. =]

Linda said...

I came across your blog today and wanted you to know...it's great! Thank you for sharing.

Victorianlady8 said...

We have been so busy getting our farm ready to sell, scrubbing painting refinishing etc...I missed the Q&A...is it too late...um, that was another Q...okay 2 Q's Have you ever thought of getting a family milk cow? We have two and love them and use all their milk for raising calves and making cheese, butter, cream, and goodies as well as so many other items...just thought I would ask and I will take my answer off the air ;)

Paula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula said...

I applaud your productiveness! I yearn to be a morning person. I'm always more productive when I'm up and dressed early...it's getting up and dressed early that I have trouble with. I suspect being a morning person starts with going to bed early...something I'm really bad at!

Bonnie said...

Wow, and I thought I was doing good! I baked bread too-sans grinding, but it wasn't done until 10:30. But I was exercised, dressed, and hair and make-up done by 7:15!