What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, November 01, 2013

Halloween

I don't know where my children went to yesterday...but I did notice a few strangers hanging around.
Like Pocahantas


And a turkey... with an owl-looking face, a stage performer hair feather and a ballerina dress.  But, whatever.  Adele' painted her tail feathers herself and we might have added buckets of glitter. 


A cowboy with a serious five o clock shadow.




Oddly enough- there was an excavator too...Judah even got a ride in one.  After the photo, he decided the only thing he 'needed' was a beard like "E-thews".

Then he was a real manly man.


All in a bunch- can you stand it?


From 8am onward the children were putting on there costumes, taking them off, putting them on, asking what time it was, jumping up and down, giggling like mad, putting them on again.  Seriously, they were driving me CRAAAAAAAAZZZY.  So I did what anyone would do.

I told Matt to take them trick or treating.

Yes, I did.

While Matt took them, I stayed home and wrote some letters and listened to Michael Buble on pandora.  I *may* have even snitched a treat (or two) that I had made for the children (before they disappeared on me, that is).


 

Before everyone got back home with buckets brimming, I lit every candle in the house and found a good Halloween story (a favorite of ours)- which we read by faux bonfire.

 

How was your Halloween?

7 comments:

Mama to 12, so far said...

They are so cute! Especially baby with his manly beard!!!

beth said...

the pictures of you reading by candlelight are lovely and, I predict, ones that will bring tears to your eyes when you revisit them years from now. precious times - is there anything better than reading to one's children?

and two words for you regarding your up-close, bearded hoss: have mercy.

thanks, as always, for the glimpses of your beautiful life ~

Mary said...

Cute cute cute!

Bonnie said...

I just want to squeeze Judah with his little beard! So, so cute!

BajaManna said...

The turkey costume is amazing! Feathers from local fowl, I presume? And your cowboy - how handsome he is! Pocahontas is beautiful with such a pure beauty - much better than all the girls with lots of makeup to look weird or gorgeous or something.

Rebecca said...

Anna- Pocahontas' feather was from roadkill (shhhh-don't tell anyone- people would freak out!) but the owl mask was from cheap feathers from the craft store. That mask has been around since Corynn was Adele's age and was an owl for Halloween. Long before our chicken days...

Rebecca said...

PS. I really hate the whole looking gorgeous part of Halloween too. One nice thing about trick or treating on a back country road where nobody tricks or treats~ we don't see it much. Thankfully.