A bit of lovely to watch:
I came across Pentatonix last year around this time- with their rendition of Little Drummer Boy and rediscovered them today singing one of my most favorite Christmas songs of all time. Boy, do they know how to make music. I love watching the beat guy in particular. He does things with his mouth that I didn't think were possible. (That sounded weird.)
WARNING: when it comes to Pentatonix, once you start listening you may find yourself searching youtube for all their songs. Just so you know. I have decided that maybe I *need* their new Christmas album That's Christmas To Me.
I am getting more in the Christmas spirit by the day...that's for sure. But before I can get into the Christmas spirit fully, I have to get into the birthday spirit. Adele' is my November baby and her birthday is the day before Thanksgiving. Then after that, I have to get in the Thanksgiving spirit. And then- WATCH OUT! Nothing will be able to hold me back then.
This week is going to be a busy one.
The weather is warming up for just a few days making the last gardeny things that I never got to when the chill popped down to nearly single digits once again possible.
Black Friday otherwise known as HURRAH! MATT'S OFF!
Off the top of my head...a few things that have to get done this week:
- plant garlic! I almost missed my window!
- cover strawberries with hay...or should I say weeds?
- clear garden(s)...I am so unmotivated to do this.
- plant grapes I hope it isn't too late.
- replant Rhodo. We had to move my rhododendron and the "moving" for Matt meant plopping the whole rootball on top of a bunch of perennials in my flower circle. (In all fairness- he was a wee bit busy with better things than to dig a hole and plant it.) And there it has stayed ever since. I didn't even notice it until last weekend- it kind of camoflaged right into the dead and spindly stalks of perennials If it is going to survive I have to put it SOMEWHERE. (I have no idea where.)
- can beets (and freeze greens)
- bake Adele' a cake. (she's drawn me the details to follow.)
- wrap birthday presents (once I figure out what they will be.)
- make food for Thanksgiving (though we are not hosting so that shouldn't be too big a deal won't be a big deal)
- make a stinkin' Christmas list for goodness' sake. (I've only been meaning to do this for over a month now.)
- bake communion bread (so glad the oven started working again after two days of....well, NOT working. At all)
- Hang mountains of laundry on lines during these two days of fair weather. (A broken dryer isn't too big a deal in the summer. It is a far bigger deal these days.)
- Make cheese (when is this ever NOT on my list?)
A bit of lovely to WIN!
A GIVEAWAY! Just in time for Thanksgiving...a little thanks GIVING. (get it?)
I have teamed up with my friend and Independent Consultant Leah Terry to give one lucky reader a Lilla Rose Flexi-Clip! (I've told you how much I love them before.)
The winner may choose one-flexi-clip of their choice, up to a $16.00 value. Check them out! Such a great selection! And before you choose, check out the special video they have to help you determine what size and style would best suit you and your hair type.
This Giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada.
The winner will be announced on December 1st!
A little birdie tells me that the folks at Lilla Rose are planning a pretty amazing Black Friday special but the details won't go live until 3am on Black Friday...so check back and see just what goodies are in store!
If you have stocking stuffers planned or a few girls to glam for the holidays~ keep in mind that:
If you are BRAND NEW to Lilla Rose and you order 3 items, you will get an additional item (up to $16 value) for free. Do not order the free one on your order. Leah will order that for you. You may contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
i like it up these days....
I like to wear it up. Jennifer
I like to wear it up when it's summertime, but these days when it's a little colder I like to wear it down, but pulled back out of my face.
I just cut it, so half up!
Half up and half down. Preferably with some curls.
Usually up or half-up. I'm not very creative with my hair :/
Braids and buns for me.
I always wear mine up in a French braid.
I almost always just have it pulled back in a pony tail.
Pulled back most of the time. monk5 at charter dot net
Post a Comment