What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Happenings

Busy March.  I'm glad to see you go.  Not that April will be any less busy...probably much more-so.  But with April perhaps warm winds will roll in and bits of yellowish green with point blinking eyes heavenward, out of the darkness of warming soil and I will begin to feel the promise and hope of new life, a new season, my favorite season of all.

We are still cold and snow covered on the hill.  I went to my flower circle, hoping to see something (ANYTHING) greenish and living popping up from the ground- but the snow was still thick in most of my circle and there was nothing.  I am keeping watch- the lookout has begun!

In the meantime, I've had plenty of things to keep me busy.  Did I tell you my sister and I are throwing my parents a 40th wedding reception in lieu of the party they never got those 40  years ago?   In just two short weeks! Plans and preparations for this have been keeping me busy...decorations, favors, invites, details...

My sister and I went dress shopping with my Mom a few weekends ago and then had a 'ladies' night'.  Olive Garden, pedicures, glasses of wine and chatting 'til wee hours... it was a nice time.  Except the shopping part.  Shopping and I just don't mix- and neither do any of the dresses that refused to look nice on me.  Blech. Argh. Loathe. Clothing Shopping stinks. The next day, Elizabeth and I went through the last remaining pieces of Oma's jewelry.  That was a little bitter and a little sweet.  I now have a few little things that belonged to her.  I set something aside for each of the girls too which will make special birthday gifts this year.







Then, this past week my parents went off on a little jaunt together to a wedding, leaving their children in our care for four days.  My sister took two, I took two and the littlest went with them.  It made for a busy household.

There was charades and Pictionary, hot fudge sundaes (homemade hot fudge is a dangerous, dangerous thing...) and face painting among other things.  Along with all the normalcy of running hither and yon throughout the day.






One of our favorite things these days is watching the live cam of the Bald Eagle eaglets.  We've been watching since they were just eggs- and now that they are hatched, it is REALLY interesting.  To see a nest lined with fish and rabbits...it is pretty amazing.  How cool to watch, in real time, the activities of a very active Eagle family!  You can watch too!  Just go here.





I just dropped the the 'extra' children off back home last night and afterward I took my children to a very special field trip...those pictures will have to come another day.  Suffice it to say, we didn't get home until almost 11pm and we are all a bit exhausted from the crazyness of the last few days!  For us country folk homebodies, we've been out gallivanting an awful lot!  We'll be playing hooky from school today and using this day to regroup and recoup.  

I think we are all very ready for some semblance of normalcy around here.  

Maybe, especially, me.

7 comments:

Theresa said...

Wait, your parents have young children and have been married 40 years?? Wow.

Unknown said...

So your parents are foster or adoptive parents, correct? What a blessing. I don't love clothing shopping either, Rebecca. But then I end up buying something else with the money and have nothing to wear. So I've started FORCING myself to buy clothes when I need them. :)

A few daffodil leaves are coming and tulips too here...but I don't think we are done with cold/snow. I just don't trust WI enough. ;)

Catie said...

How nice that you had a Ladies Day Out! :)

Looks like the kidlets has lotsa fun. :) Love the face painting.

I'm so, so sorry that you still have snow. *moment of silence* Hurry, Spring In Pennsylvania!! ;o)

oneme said...

Rebecca, Wow! your parents are very special raising another family after their own. I think you and your husband are very special for not influencing or hindering your daughter from having the ethnic doll. Love it! We're all God's children right?!!
Your blog rocks anyway!

Rebecca said...

My parents went into foster care when I was a teenager and have cared for over 50 children. They adopted five of them- and some are younger than my own children!

It makes things interesting...that's for sure.

Michelle said...

It looks like you have had a busy, yet wonderful month! It is nice to get out and about, but it is also so nice to get back home, too.

Also...A RED Viniq?!

Abigail said...

That dress is absolutely perfect for your Mom. Looks like a fun night!

p.s. Your comment verification just told me that an egg roll is sushi. Not so, blogger! I should complain.