What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Yarn Along : May 11


A yarn along of the day late and a dollar short variety...

Reading:

Deconstructing Penguins by  Lawrence Goldstone and Nancy Goldstone.  A really great book about how to discuss books with children and how to discover together the story underneath the story.  How to be a book detective or a story sleuth.  I am finding it both interesting and inspiring.  And a bit convicting too, since the chapter book read-alouds haven't happened in quite some time around here.  

Yarning:

I was searching for something in every nook and cranny that holds crafts the other day when I went peeking into the cotton yarn basket and saw a bunch of not-quite-done projects.  A few bowties and a few bibs and a few bands that I *believe* were supposed to be shirts for Corynn.  Now, I guess they will be shirts for Adele'.  Unless I set them aside again- in that case, Ineke.  I started those bibs waaaay back when for a certain Judahbear and thought "I know!  I should make a bunch to sell on Etsy!"  ha.  ha ha ha.

Good news is...I know a certain little girl who could benefit from a few new bibs.  I do think they need to be dolled up a bit though...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sweet!