What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Never Dull


Week One of being home: I got the garden finally put in and my boy got his arm put in a cast.  Three shiny pins in his elbow later and a cast forbidding any sort of fun this summer... I think I am ready to start posting photos of Holland.  Unless anyone else decides to surprise me with disaster. Anyone?  ANYONE?!?!?

The very day we were discharged (and after every nurse/doctor/surgeon/anesthetist we saw warned him about NO CLIMBING TREES or running or monkey business)... I was working in the garden and I hear a sound overhead.  What could THAT be?

I look up and there was Judah- on the chicken house roof, bad arm in a cast and sling and good arm hoisting up the large ladder he used to climb into his perch.

It's going to be a loooooooooooooooooonnnnnggggggg summer. 

5 comments:

debbie said...

Poor judah

Ulli said...

Heal well, Judah... (kids!)

Amy Marie said...

Oh no. His face is like an angel! So sorry about the mishap. We've had stiches here a few times and upper respiratory emergencies, but no broken bones yet. I'm so glad you were able to get your garden in and YES, I'm looking forward to your Holland photos!!! Squee!

Making Cents Of It All said...

Poor Judah and poor Mom. You will get thru it. Good luck.

Rebecca said...

You can't keep a good man down!