What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

The Month that was: January

Just when I was getting into the groove of blogging consistently, my computer stopped allowing me to upload photos!  And if you can't blog pictures, why then... what is there? 

Well... there is a January resolutions spreadsheet at the very least. (And just in time for a February one.)

I wonder how you all feel about being my accountability partners this year?  ::cue evil, maniacal laughter::

My goals for the year added a whole lot of intentionality to my already-busy life, so for my first month I was pretty impressed with myself.  I pretty much nailed everything except the exercising three times a week. (Naturally.)

But, any free time (to exercise) was spent blogging (accomplishing a different goal) so I don't feel badly.  As my whole focus this year is forward motion rather than end result, I am feeling pretty good about how January went.

The craft category this month was making two batches of homemade soap.

As long as we are on the topic of habits and goals...

I just finished reading the book Atomic Habits by James Clear.  Though it seems unlikely that a book about habits could be gripping and entertaining... it really was.  And very encouraging. I would highly recommend it for anyone who wants to create more good habits in their lives.  Or who are working to break bad ones. 

As I was reading it, there were plenty of amens and a few ouches. 

At one point the author calls out the habit of eating a bar of dark chocolate first thing every morning- and my eyes shot up (chocolate in hand) and started sheepishly looking around for cameras for something.  How did he know?!

Hopefully, I can get someone to help me figure out this whole camera/photo thing soon so that more interesting and beautiful things can appear on the blog.  ANYTHING other than spreadsheets!  

  (I happen to know a guy named Matt who is very handy in that area...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Atomic Habits! Looks like your year is off to a good start. Lynn

Anonymous said...

I am currently reading atomic habits and am thoroughly enjoying it!

Leah said...

I have Atomic Habits out from the library but haven't started reading it yet. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it!