What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Halloweening
































 This was a "Raid the Dress Up Bin" (or Papa's closet) sort of year... and it worked out just fine.

The Phantom of the Opera, Christine at the Masquerade Ball, a Ballerina (who really just wanted an excuse to wear makeup) and the cutest bunny you ever did see.  

Oh- and a cowgirl.  Because I tried not to dress up... really I did.   I didn't think about it a single time until it was time to get in the car and leave.   Apparently, I just can't NOT dress up on Halloween.  So 15 seconds before we were leaving, I threw on a wig and some of Papa's accessories and called it good.

I'm not sure how many more years of trick-or-treating there will be but I am absolutely CONFIDENT that there will always be costumes...

(PS.  Pumpkin carving was hilarious this year.  Moses almost threw up into the pumpkin- he was SO GROSSED OUT touching the innards.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your Halloween post every year. They all look good but YOU look fabulous!!

Rozy Lass said...

Tell Moses I totally understand, it grosses me out too!
All those costumes are great. I enjoy seeing the imagination at work of you and your children.

Unknown said...

Great costumes! I'm with Moses when it comes to pumpkin innards! Lynn Ewing

Rebecca said...

Thank you!

Els said...

What beautiful outfits!
the closeup of ballerina and bunny is sooo sweet!