What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

November










November was a Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad, No Good month, not gonna lie.

No need to go into details but my monthly checklist is a pretty good indicator that I pretty much gave up on life entirely for a bit (or on marking it, anyway).  

 On a side note: I promised myself that I would treat myself to a massage if I was able to complete 3 exercise days per week all year long and I missed my goal by two weeks and poor record keeping at the finish line  (SO STINKING CLOSE!  And now no massage for me...*sniff*

But even still... there were much-needed haircuts turning wombats into handsome menfolk, beautiful pomegranates (and learning the ACTUAL way of opening them... wonder of wonders!), saddleback potatoes by Andrew, beautiful sunsets and sunrises, warm day walks, a Thanksgiving feast that I didn't host,15 years of service recognition for a hard-working hubby, fingers tickling ivories and a kitchen chalkboard chock full of "thankfuls".   Moses actually cried when it was time to erase the "thankful tree" in December, saying "Mama!  We CAN'T erase it!  I have more THANKFULS!"

There are, indeed, many things to be grateful for... 

not the least of which is that NOVEMBER IS OVER.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's ok to let November go, but don't stop having "Thankfuls"!! LOVE that handsome 4-some. Would like to see a similar photo of the Newman lovelies. :)