What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Tropical Banana Loaf

Posted by Picasa


Since I am already on, I might as well post the recipe for the bread I baked and brought to church fellowship meal today.

Bananas and pineapples make a delicious combination in this tasty bread! It is a GREAT change of pace from traditional banana bread. YUM! I imagine I will be making several more batches-since I see quite a few more bags of ripe bananas in my freezer! ;-)

3 c. all purpose flour
2 c. sugar
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
3 eggs
1 1/4 c. veg. oil
2 t. vanilla extract
1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained
2 cups mashed, ripe bananas (4-5 medium)

In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. In another bowl, beat eggs, oil and vanilla. Add fruits. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into two greased bread loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

For icing:

I wanted to create an orange flavored frosting-but didn't have any OJ. Instead I used Lemon juice. Very good. If you want to try the frosting flavored orange-just subsititute OJ for the lemon juice.

4 oz. cream cheese
1/2-3/4 c. confectioners sugar
1 T. lemon juice (or orange juice)
2 T. milk

(These ingredients can be played with. If you like more flavoring-add more juice a teaspoon at a time. Add more milk 1 teaspoon at a time to get a good consistency for drizzling... and if by mistake you added too MUCH liquid-just add more sugar!)

When bread has cooled, drizzle icing over top.

1 comment:

smilnsigh said...

I'm just getting here, way late on April 4, but better late than never. I just printed out this fantassssstic looking recipe!!

Thank you.

Mari-Nanci